Monday, November 24, 2014

Kimber Rose Bybee

Introducing our newest addition!  Kimber Rose Bybee was born November 19, 2014.  It was an amazing day to say the least, but to make it even better it is mine
and Brett's anniversary.  She is a perfect little girl and we love her more and more each day.  Babies are such a miracle and a blessing aren't they!?  Linlee loves holding "baby" and is slowly getting used to having someone around.  It's definitely an adjustment, but an adjustment we are all willing to make:)
Kimber's birth story is another crazy one.  I guess these babies like to make a grand entrance into this world!  To start off, my pregnancy had some complications.  Kimber's umbilical cord was connected to the side of the placenta rather then the top.  It is called Velemtus Cord Insertion.  It usually causes the babies to grow smaller.  During my whole pregnancy the Doctors kept saying that they needed to do a c-section because the condition could cause my uterus to rupture.  I was monitored twice a week to measure the baby and see how she was doing.  Well, she was measuring 3 weeks ahead at every appointment, I had a ton of water, and she was doing pretty awesome!  At 34 weeks, the Doctors finally decided that a VBAC was going to be a good idea.  I was extatic!  Fast forward to the week of her birth...
Earlier in the week, I just wasn't feeling like myself.  I was only 35 weeks but since I wen't early with Linlee, I wasn't quite surprised.  Early Wednesday morning I started having back pain, then they turned into cramps, and then full blown contractions.  I called my mom, and she immediately knew I was going into labor.  My contractions were about 3-4 minutes apart lasting 30 seconds long.  I called my sister Rachelle and she hurried right over to watch Linlee.  My mom couldn't decide whether to drive to Rigby right then or hang out for a bit. If it was anything like Linlee's birth, I didn't have much time.  Well, Brett and I decided to head to Rexburg and get things checked out.  I went to the doctors office and when the doctor checked me, I was only at a 2!  I really couldn't believe it.  I for sure thought I was gonna be like a 5.  My mom then came and met us there.  The doctor wanted me to hang out a bit and come back and get checked around 4.  Brett went back to work while me and my mom walked, cleaned the car, shopped, and all while I was contracting pretty hard.  I had to be dilated more right!  4:00 came, and I was still only a 2!  What the heck was going on?!  The doctors put me on the monitor and watched the baby.  Well, I was definitely contracting, but baby wasn't looking all that great.  Doctor came to me and decided he wanted to take the baby via c-section.  I was crushed, confused, and scared all over again!  I talked it over with Brett and my mom, and we decided that the doctor might be rushing things, but let's get a healthy baby here.  Brett rushed back to the hospital while I was getting prepped and ready to get another baby!  So many things were going through my mind at this point.  I honestly couldn't believe I was about to be a mother of two!  Rolled back into the operating room and luckily my mom was able to come in there with Brett.  Isn't it amazing what doctors can do!!  I was just laying there, feeling a ton of pressure on my stomach while Brett is comparing me to gutting an elk!  At 6:02pm, Kimber Rose Bybee was born.  She was a whopping 7 lbs 5 oz and 20 inches long.  The doctor even yelled out, "What a Ham!"  Not a very big baby for full term, but for a 35 and 6 week baby, lets just say I know how to grow a baby! When the doctors looked at the umbilical cord and placenta, they were quickly reassured with their decision to do a c-section.  It was a lot worse then they thought and it could have led to some scary things, things I don't want to even think about!  But she is here safe and sound and we couldn't be happier!  
She looks just like Linlee when she was a baby, but with her own personality:)  We love Kimber!!


1 comment:

Carrie & the Boys said...

I am so glad we live closer. Want to meet both your cute girls. Especially since Hailey and Linlee are about the same age!!